Welcome To Sacred Heart Parish!
We encourage all members of Sacred Heart to be involved in the mission of Jesus Christ: to share His message of salvation, to build up the Body of Christ, the Church, and to encounter Christ through regular reception of His sacraments, that we would all know, love and live for our Lord Jesus. Please join us in our service to the Lord!
Sacred Heart Parish Mass Times
Mon, Wed. 5:30 PM
Wed 12:10 PM
Tues,Thur,Fri: 7:30 AM
Sat. 8:15 am
SATURDAY Vigil: 5pm
SUNDAY: 7:30am, 9:30am, 11:30am
Mon. 5:00pm, Tues 7:00am, Wed. 5:00pm
Thur., & Fri. 7:00am
Sat. 7:30-8:00am & 3:30-4:30pm
RHS Boosters "Can-Do" Program
If you are having a graduation, holiday gathering, party or any other event please save your aluminum cans for the Roncalli Booster Club – “Can-Do” Program. Cans can be dropped off at the “Can-Do” trailer located near the NW corner of the RHS gym. If you would like to use one of the “Can-Do” Canisters for a party, please contact Connie Hilzendeger at 380-1046. The RHS Boosters thank you for your support!
Loss of a Loved One Gathering
A gathering for those experiencing the loss of a loved one will be held at Sacred Heart Parish Hall on Thursday, May 24th at 6:30- 8:00 PM. Casual and comfortable, this group will meet regularly. With questions please call: Barbara @ 225-7531 or Jean @ 2253999.
Sacred Heart Rummage Sale June 1
You may drop off your donations on Wednesday, May 30th and Thursday, May 31st from 3:00-7:00pm at the Roncalli Elementary School Gym. The rummage sale will run from 7:00am to 7:00pm on Friday June 1.
Anniversary Mass With Bishop Swain In August
We would like the names of all couples in our parish who are celebrating 25, 50, 60, and 65 years or more of marriage during 2018. Please provide us with your names, address, and anniversary date/year by April 15th. Personal invitations to attend the Anniversary Mass with Bishop Paul J. Swain will then be sent to those couples celebrating these special anniversaries. This year the anniversary Masses will be held at St. Mary’s on Sun., Aug. 5 or at the Cathedral of St. Joseph in Sioux Falls on Sun., Aug. 12.
ABERDEEN CATHOLIC FOUNDATION
Contact Executive Director David M. Vetch
202 S. Main Street, Ste 314
Aberdeen, SD 57401
EWTN Radio - Listen Live On Your Computer Or In Your Car
Click the link below to listen on your computer
Website: Lamb Catholic Radio
Listen to Lamb Catholic Radio on your car radio
88.9 KSJP Ipswich/Aberdeen
91.3 Sioux Falls
Lamb Catholic Radio broadcasts Sunday mass LIVE from Aberdeen Sacred Heart Parish with Rev. Mark Lichter or Fr. Barry Reuwsaat, every Sunday morning!
Keeping Jeff Updated
Something broken? Needs attention? “HEY Jeff” sheets are in each entry along with a pencil. Please use them to let Jeff know if you find something that needs attention. Completed sheets can be placed in the collection, given to Jeff, a priest or staff, or the office.
Parish Registration Form and Parish Office Hours
PARISH OFFICE HOURS
Monday-Thursday: 8:30am -4:30pm
Friday: 8:30am -12:30pm
- Fr. Barry Reuwsaat, Parochial Vicar
- Rev. Mark Lichter, Pastor
- Mrs. Lori Hofer, Parish Secretary
- Mrs. Paulette Hay, Financial Secretary
- Carissa Baustian, Director of Music and Organist
- Email DRE@sacredheartaberdeen.net, Director of Religious Education
- Mrs. Dawn Wanttie, Asst. Coordinator of Faith Formation Grades 1-5
- Mrs. Marge Guhin, Housekeeping
- Mr. Jeff Swank, Maintenance & Cemetery
Readings for the Week
Readings for the Week of May 20, 2018
- Sunday: Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 or Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b or Ez 37:1-14 or Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104:1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29, 30 [cf. 30] / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39
- Sunday: Extended Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 / Ps 33:10-11, 12-13, 14-15 / Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b / Dn 3:52, 52, 53, 55, 56 or Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 11 / Ez 37:1-14 / Ps 107:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9 / Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104:1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29, 30 [cf. 30] / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39
- Sunday: Day: Acts 2:1-11 / Ps 104:1, 24, 29-30, 31, 34 [cf. 30] / 1 Cor 12:3b-7, 12-13 or Gal 5:16-25 / Jn 20:19-23 or Jn 15:26-27; 16:12-15
- Monday: Jas 3:13-18 / Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 15 [9a] / Mk 9:14-29
- Tuesday: Jas 4:1-10 / Ps 55:7-8, 9-10a, 10b-11a, 23 [23a] / Mk 9:30-37
- Wednesday: Jas 4:13-17 / Ps 49:2-3, 6-7, 8-10, 11 [Mt 5:3] / Mk 9:38-40
- Thursday: Jas 5:1-6 / Ps 49:14-15ab, 15cd-16, 17-18, 19-20 [Mt 5:3] / Mk 9:41-50
- Friday: Jas 5:9-12 / Ps 103:1-2, 3-4, 8-9, 11-12 [8a] / Mk 10:1-12
- Saturday: Jas 5:13-20 / Ps 141:1-2, 3 and 8 [2a] / Mk 10:13-16
- Next Sunday: Dt 4:32-34, 39-40 / Ps 33:4-5, 6, 9, 18-19, 20, 22 [12b] / Rom 8:14-17 / Mt 28:16-20
Daily Reflections Video
Prayer For Our Country
Most Holy Trinity, we put the United States of America in to the hands of Mary Immaculate in order that she many present the country to you. Through her we wish to thank you for the great resources of this land and for the freedom which has been its heritage. Through the intercession of Mary, have mercy on the Catholic Church in America. Grant us peace. Have mercy on our President-elect and on all the officers of our government. Grant us a fruitful economy born of justice and charity. Have mercy on capital and industry and labor. Protect the family life of the nation. Guard the innocence of our children. Grant the precious gift of many religious vocations. Through the intercession of our Mother, have mercy on the sick, the poor, the tempted, sinners—on all who are in need.
Mary, Immaculate Virgin, Our Mother, Patroness of our land, we praise you and honor you and give ourselves to you. Protect us from every harm. Pray for us, that acting always according to your will and the Will of your Divine Son, we may live and die pleasing to God. Amen.
—An Act of Consecration for the United States from Prayers for All Occasions: From the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C.
Posted in Blog on 04/16/18
Please consider becoming a Catholic Daughter. Our next meeting is Thursday, April 19 at ... Read More »
Posted in Blog on 04/16/18
Do you hear God calling you? He is waiting for you to deepen your ... Read More »
Posted in Blog on 04/03/18
Weekend retreat: Meditating with the Saints Apr. 27-29, facilitated by Fr. John Helmueller To ... Read More »
Friday: 8:30am -12:30pm